Python is a core programming language, making it the default direct hardware access, low-level language. Python was developed in 1991 by Dutch programmer Guido Van Rossum. Despite being simple, it can be used to develop a wide range of different computer languages. According to the 2020 Stack Overflow developer survey, Python is the fourth most popular programming language among developers.
The TIOBE Index for June 2021 indicates that it is also about to overtake the top spot. C is currently the most common programming language, and Python is only 0.7% less popular.
Over the past 12 months, from June 2020 to June 2021, Python has been closely trailing Java and C++ in popularity, according to Google Trends.
Based on the information provided above, Python is growing, and it could overtake C++ as the most widely used programming language in the near future.
Because of the aforementioned factors, Python developers are in high demand in the software and IT sectors, and as a result, many organizations are keen to hire one.
Who are Python developers, exactly?
To put it another way, a Python developer is a software engineer who uses Python as the programming language to design, develop, code, and debug computer programs. Back-end development, commonly known as the server-side of software development, is the primary focus of Python development jobs.
Technical framework organization is another task that Python programmers may help with. They work closely with data gatherers and analysts to create practical solutions and insights.
The length of time depends significantly on the objectives and specifications of the project. The duties of a Python developer involve creating programs, designing code frameworks, creating websites, releasing new services, or creating vital tools to solve problems.
Python is a back-end programming language, but enabling front-end developers to link their work with the Python application also benefits front-end developers.
Data analysts and collectors can collaborate with Python programmers to provide insights on important decision points.
Your team will be able to handle web development, scripting, web scraping, data analysis, and automation if you decide to use Python to finish your duties.
Why do you need Hiring Python Engineering Teams?
Python is an excellent choice for businesses that wish to capitalize on current market demands and ride the tide of rapid development. There are several reasons why developers like to use this language:
Because it is dynamically typed and requires indentation, it is highly readable.
- It has a plethora of libraries, making it easily accessible to developers.
- It is a scalable language that can tackle projects of any magnitude.
- It is used to generate prototypes and minimum viable products quickly.
According to StackOverflow, python is one of the most popular programming languages among developers. Because of its versatility, this language may quickly solve any difficulty damaging an organization’s long-term solutions.
What qualifications are employers seeking in a Python developer team?
Entry-level Python developer skills Experience level: 0 to 2 years
Python programming positions at the entry-level require the following abilities:
- understanding of Python’s basic syntax
- having data structure knowledge
- basic familiarity with SQL
- Basic CVS knowledge
- knowledge of any widely used web framework
Candidates should be able to create a straightforward web application from scratch. Additionally, see if they have completed any Python projects. A few examples are software that reads a CSV file and outputs a formatted output, a blog, or a message board.
Mid-level Python developer skills Experience level: 3 to 6 years
For a mid-level Python developer position, the following abilities are required:
- Strong understanding of test patterns, code, and object-oriented design
- Python software development experience and knowledge of establishing and managing software platforms.
- Knowledge of developing Big Data solutions (commercial or open source)
- Being exposed to cloud computing services like AWS is a bonus.
Senior-level Python developer skills Experience level: 6 years +
These abilities are necessary for a senior Python developer position:
- creating complicated logic in Python using industry-standard syntax
- Having knowledge of object-relational mapper (ORM) libraries
- knowledge in SAS, SQL, and Hive query languages, as well as data visualization tools like Tableau and Qlik
- exposure to cloud computing services like AWS
- having familiarity with big data technologies like HDFS, Pig, Hive, Spark, and Scala
- Substantial unit test and debugging abilities, as well as knowledge of Python’s threading restrictions.
JD for a Python developer position
Here is a sample job description for a Python developer.
- Strong analytical abilities and 3–8 years of expertise in developing software products
- extensive familiarity using decorators and other features of Python’s meta-programming language; proficiency with Reportlab, Matplotlib, or other libraries that provide equivalent functionality
- knowledge of SQL (Postgres is a bonus) databases as well as NoSQL databases like HBase or MongoDB
- well-versed in programming, design patterns, and object-oriented design (OOD)
- Knowledge of multi-tier Client-Server Architecture
- outstanding debugging and issue-solving abilities
- robust version control abilities (GIT, Mercurial)
- SCRUM (Agile) development process work experience
- a great deal of experience with the entire software development life cycle, including requirement analysis, design, prototyping, coding, documentation, implementation, and maintenance
- having expertise with server-side scaling difficulties and performance tuning
- knowledge of reducing the memory footprint on low-end devices
- RF engineering and communications domain expertise
- Detail-oriented, proactive, self-driven, autonomous, and responsible team player
- enthusiasm for new and developing technology and innovation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- excellent at keeping deadlines
- ability to remain composed under duress
- being at ease working in a very dynamic and quick-paced workplace.
- the capacity to manage multiple priorities
- demonstrated aptitude for learning new technology quickly and applying them
- superior analytical abilities
- Paying close attention to the little things and never giving up until the job is done
- Evaluate the next Python programmer
Guidelines for selecting the top Python developers
Create the ideal employment offer.
Before making an offer, organizations need to be aware of the qualifications needed for the position of a Python developer in terms of abilities, technical knowledge, and degree. After these prerequisites have been examined, you should present a firm employment offer that includes all necessary information. For instance, the technology stack, remote and flexible work arrangements, team size, specific specifications, project type, and financial information.
Check the applicant’s Python fundamentals and frameworks.
A Python developer must understand the foundations and frameworks of Python. Data structures, data types, file and exception handling, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) notions, generators, and iterators are a few topics they should be familiar with. They must be knowledgeable in Python frameworks like Pyramids, Django, Flask, and Bottle. These expedite development while promoting straightforward, high-quality design.
Analyze your knowledge of front-end technologies.
Utilize an outsourced firm
In addition to the aforementioned advice, businesses still having trouble finding Python developers might think about working with an outsourced service. They can assist in finding talented individuals that fit corporate requirements.
Look for candidates with practical communication skills
A Python developer must interact and communicate with other team members for an application to be delivered quickly. The entire software development lifecycle is delayed due to poor communication abilities.
When hiring Python developers, it is essential to analyze past hiring failures, understand the various criteria associated with different roles, and evaluate the effectiveness of the hiring process.
On the other hand, one cannot judge Python developers based purely on their degrees or education levels. The candidate’s technical talents, experience, and projects might provide insights into the skills and expertise of the developer.